Paper manufacturing activities began at this facility in 1908. Doors closed in 2011 and through the 100 years it was opened it was housed to many other names.
Throughout the late 1800s, it was also the heart of thriving industries, providing energy to power lumber, flour, woolen and paper mills, and a brick-making operation. In 1889, it was the site of the world’s first long-distance electrical power transmission line, from Oregon City to Portland.
This city is full of history.