I know we are moving into warmer weather but I threw this turkey chili together last night & it’s a MUST share... I’m sure we have a couple chilly nights left.
Jalapeño Poppin Turkey Chili.
- 2 lbs organic ground turkey.
- 3 small/med sweet potatoes.
- 1 medium white onion, diced.
- 2 generous TB minced garlic.
- 1 large yellow bell pepper.
- 3 tsp smoked paprika.
- 3 tsp chili powder.
- 2 tsp dried oregano.
- 2 tsp fine sea salt.
- 1 tsp ground cumin.
- .5 tsp red pepper flakes.
- 1 (28 oz) or 2 (14 oz) diced tomatoes.
- 1 cup bone broth or can sub chicken or beef broth.
- 2 jalapeños, minced with seeds removed for less heat.
- pickled jalapeños.
- organic sour cream.
- fresh lime juice.
- chopped scallions.
This recipe can be made two ways.
1. Place all ingredients minus the toppings in crockpot or instapot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
2. Place onions, garlic,bell pepper & sweet potato in pot with a little drizzle of avocado oil & sauté. Adding the turkey once onions start to carmelized & sprinkle all seasonings in as well. Also meat to fully cook and then add tomatoes, broth & jalapeños if you are using them. Allow to cook on low about 25 min on stove top til sweet potatoes are soft.
Spoon chili into bowls and top with your favorite toppings & enjoy!
Do you have a favorite chili topping? Or ingredient that makes yours stand out?
So excited, I thought I lost all my pepper plants when we had a had freeze this year. I left a few in the grounded and cur them way back. To my surprise they would bounce back, I'm getting new growth. These 2 plants are Jumbo Jalapeno's. 🌶🌶🌶 #jalapeno#jalapeño#green#peppers#pepper