Here's to the weekend!
Cozy + Cupcakes - Alarm Clock = Weekend. 💕
The real task is to decide whether to wake up early to get stuff done or sleeping in.
We choose to relax all day with cupcake in one hand & a book in another.
Aah, the perfect Saturday is planned! 😍
What are your plans for today? Tell us in comment section.
By: Bailey | Prep Time: 10 min |
Cook Time: 30 min | Total Time: 40 min
Yield : Serves 4-6 people
* 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 2-3 inch cubes
* 1 cup cassava flour (or coconut, or almond flour)
* 3 tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
* 2 tbsp ghee
* 2 Medjool dates, pitted
* 1/2 cup orange juice
* 1/2 cup coconut aminos
* 2 tbsp creamy almond butter
* 2 tsp sesame oil
* 2 tsp salt, divided
* 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
* 1 tsp minced ginger
* 1 tsp white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
* 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* Optional: 2 tsp arrowroot flour to thicken the sauce
1. Mix flour, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp garlic powder together in a large bowl. Add chicken cubes. Toss with your hands until equally coated.
2. Heat avocado oil and ghee in a large skillet until melted and hot.
3. Add some of the chicken cubes using tongs, and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and set on a plate, until all are cooked.
4. For the sauce: In the same pan, add orange juice, coconut aminos, almond butter, sesame oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, minced ginger, vinegar, 5 spice seasoning, pepper and dates.
5. Bring to a simmer for 5-10 minutes, until all ingredients are combined and dates are soft. Remove from heat and pour into a food processor to blend dates into the sauce.
6. Transfer the sauce back into the pan and add the chicken. Bring to a simmer again and stir frequently to evenly coat chicken. If you prefer a thicker sauce, at this time mix arrowroot flour with 1 tbsp water in a small dish until dissolved and then pour into the pan. Stir to combine and allow to simmer for another 2-3 minutes to thicken.
7. Remove from heat and enjoy!
Follow My Instagram Account and you will be Amazed!💕
#food#foodporn # foodie #foodstagram#foods#foodie#foodgasm#foodpics#foodpic#instagramanet#foodphotography#foodlover#foodforthought#foodisfuel#foodblogger#foodcoma#foodgram#fooddiary#foodblog#foodlovers#foodart#foodspotting#foodshare#foodlove#yum#hungry#eatingtime#eating#instatag#instafood