At least once every fortnight, I like making chicken pot using varied methods and ingredients. Today it was chicken with red capsicum and cherry tomatoes 🍗🍗 Here is the recipe 😃😃
- 6 quarter thighs - 1 cup cherry tomatoes (diced in half)
- 1 red capsicum (diced in cubes)
- 3 tsp olive oil - 3 cloves garlic
- 2 spring onions - 1 cup stock - 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp cornstarch - 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce - 1 tsp paprika powder - 1 tsp oregano - Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Mix the milk and cornstarch in a bowl (this is a healthier substitute to cream).
- Over medium heat, add 2 tsp oil to the pot and sear the chicken on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain excess oil and set aside. - In the same pot, add the remaining oil with onion and garlic. Cook for about a minute. - Add capsicum and cherry tomatoes. Cook for another minute. - Add all remaining ingredients, including the chicken and milk mix, to the pot.
- Stir well, bring to a boil and then place the pot in the oven, uncovered, for about 25 - 30 minutes. The dish works very well with rice! 🍚🍚